An Electronic Quarterly of Analytical Philosophy
Copyright Notice and Legal Disclaimer
© 1996, 2004 The SORITES Team
- (01) SORITES is not in the public domain. It is the intellectual property of the SORITES team. In accordance with Spanish and international Law, all issues of SORITES are Copyright-protected throughout the Planet.
- (02) Each issue of SORITES taken as a whole belongs to the electronic publisher, namely the SORITES team.
- (03) However, the individual papers published in SORITES remain the intellectual property of their respective authors, with only these two restrictions:
- No part of any such paper may be printed or displayed elsewhere, or incorporated into a publication of any sort, unless SORITES is therein clearly and explicitly mentioned as the primary source; and
- The authors agree to be bound by the other terms and provisions contained in this Copyright Notice, esp. to grant readers the entitlements warranted by clauses (06), (08), (09), and (19), and to abide by the electronic publisher's claims and commitments set forth in clauses (14) and (15).
- (04) The authors of the included papers and the electronic publisher, the SORITES team -- whether jointly or separately, as the case may be -- hereby reserve all rights not expressly granted to other parts in this Copyright Notice.
- (05) In compliance with Spanish Law, this issue of SORITES has been legally registered, three diskette-copies being deposited with the competent authorities, namely the «Deposito Legal» office of the Autonomous Community of Madrid, c/ Azcona 42. (Legal Deposit Registration: M 14867-1995.)
- (06) A license is hereby granted without fee for anybody to freely make as many unmodified copies as they wish of this issue of SORITES in its integrity, give such copies to anyone, and distribute this issue of SORITES via electronic means or as printed copies, provided no part thereof is altered or omitted, and especially neither this Copyright Notice nor any of the copyright boxes on top of the papers is removed, amended, or obscured.
- (07) In this context, the issue of SORITES as a whole is meant to consist in: either (i) a single file (be it its official version as a WordPerfect 5.1 document or any unofficial version released by the SORITES team as an undivided file); or (ii) a collection of files produced by slicing one of the entire-file versions in order to facilitate handling, browsing or downloading. In the latter case, the conveyor is bound to distribute the whole collection. (In this context printed copies of this issue of SORITES are taken to be equivalent to electronic copies, their distribution being subject to the same conditions.)
- (08) This issue of SORITES may be sold for profit or incorporated into any commercial material only with the previous explicit consent granted by the SORITES team. Otherwise, no fee may be charged for its circulation. An exception is granted to non-profit organizations, which are hereby authorized to charge a small fee for materials, handling, postage, and general overhead.
- (09) Private copying of single papers by any lawful means is allowed when done in good faith and for a fair use, namely for purposes of teaching, study, criticism or review.
- [i] No copy or partial copy of a detached paper may be publicly distributed or circulated without its author's acquiescence.
- [ii] The SORITES team hereby allows any such distribution, subject to the author's consent, provided the copyright box on top of the paper is literally incorporated into the distributed copy or partial copy.
- [iii] The phrase `copy or partial copy' covers any print-out, extended quotation, electronic posting or display as well as any other reproduction.
- [i] No part of this issue of SORITES may be delivered to a plurality of individuals -- whether in writing or by any other means -- unless the source is clearly and explicitly acknowledged.
- [ii] In particular, no part of this issue of SORITES or of any paper therein included may be conveyed to others by means of reproduction, quotation, copy or paraphrase, without a clear and explicit acknowledgement of the issue of SORITES, the author's name and the paper's full title.
- [iii] Whenever the quotation occurs within a publication, it is also mandatory to mention the date of publication and the official pages (as shown within the Copyright box on top of the paper), as well as the ISSN (1135-1349) and the official website: http://www.sorites.org.
- (12) Any use of copies or partial copies of this issue of SORITES, or of papers therein included, not explicitly permitted in this Notice, will be a violation of the authors' and the electronic publisher's intellectual property; perpetration of, or complicity with, any such violation will be regarded as forgery or plagiarism -- which, besides being, in any case a civil tort, may be a crime under current legislation.
- (13) This issue of SORITES is provided «as is», without any guarantee of any kind. The electronic publisher, the SORITES team, disclaims all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of fitness for any particular purpose with respect to the papers included in this issue. By furnishing this document, the SORITES team does not grant any license or endorses any commitment except in so much as explicitly set forth in the present Copyright Notice.
- (14) The electronic publisher, the SORITES team, does not necessarily agree with the authors' views or arguments. The electronic publisher cannot certify the accuracy of any quotations or references contained in the papers.
- (15) Each author vouches alone for the originality of the papers they submit to SORITES and for their compliance with established Copyright laws. Acceptance of a manuscript is done in good faith under the assumption the originality claim is truthful. The electronic publisher -- i.e. the SORITES team -- does not pledge itself for the accuracy of such declarations.
- (16) Neither the SORITES team nor the authors are liable for any real or imaginary damages suffered as a result of downloading, reading, using, quoting or circulating any materials included in this issue of SORITES. The user assumes, at their own risk, full responsibility for the proper use of this issue of SORITES.
- (17) Downloading, reading or in any other way using this issue of SORITES or any part thereof entails full acceptance of the hereinabove stated terms and provisions. If, after downloading a file containing this issue of SORITES or a part thereof, a user fails to agree to the conditions contained in this Notice, they must discontinue using the material and irrecoverably erase or destroy the downloaded file, so as not to occasion any third-part's unfair use thereof.
- (18) Although, thanks to a permission kindly granted by the system's administrators, SORITES is displayed at the internet host <www.ifs.csic.es/sorites/> belonging to the Spanish research institution CSIC, the magazine is not sponsored or endorsed by the CSIC, the only owner and publisher being the SORITES team, under the auspices of no academic establishment.
- (19) A specific license is hereby granted for this issue of SORITES to be freely mirrored at any website, provided all conditions stated above are fully adheared to. No previous approval of the SORITES team is required for such a display.
Madrid. April 10, 1995
(Updated: December 31, 1996; April 27 1998; October 3, 2002; December 31, 2004)
The SORITES Team