An Electronic Quarterly of Analytical Philosophy
Copyright Notice and Legal Disclaimer
© 1996 The SORITES Team
(1) SORITES is not in the public domain. In accordance with international Law (especially the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works and the Universal Copyright Convention), this issue of SORITES is Copyright-protected throughout the Planet.(81)
(2) The Copyright of this issue of SORITES taken as a whole is held by the electronic publisher (the SORITES team).
(3) The Copyright of the papers published in SORITES is retained by the individual authors, except that: (i) no part of any such paper may be printed or displayed elsewhere or incorporated into a book, an anthology or any other publication of any sort until SORITES has accorded the author(s) permission to that effect [which will be done routinely and quickly, provided SORITES is therein clearly and explicitly mentioned as the primary source]; and (ii) the authors agree to abide by the other terms and conditions contained in this Copyright Notice.
(4) The authors of the included papers and the electronic publisher, the SORITES team, -- whether jointly or separately, as the case may be -- hereby reserve all rights not expressly granted to other parts in this Copyright Notice.
(5) In compliance with Spanish Law, this issue of SORITES has been legally registered, three diskette-copies being deposited with the competent authorities, namely the Deposito Legal office of the Autonomous Community of Madrid, c/ Azcona 42. (Legal Deposit Registration: M 14867-1995.)
(5) A licence is hereby granted without fee for anybody to freely make as many unmodified copies as they wish of this issue of SORITES in its integrity, give such copies to anyone, and distribute this issue of SORITES via electronic means or as printed copies, provided no part thereof is altered or omitted, and especially neither this Copyright Notice nor the copyright boxes on top of the different papers are removed, amended, or obscured.
(6) In this context, the issue of SORITES as a whole is meant to consist in: either (i) a single file (be it its official version as a WordPerfect 5.1 document or any unofficial version released by the SORITES team as an undivided file); or (ii) a collection of files produced by slicing one of the entire-file versions in order to facilitate handling, browsing or downloading. In the latter case, the conveyor is bound to distribute the whole collection. (In this context printed copies of this issue of SORITES are taken to be equivalent to electronic copies, their distribution being subject to the same conditions.)
(7) This issue of SORITES may be sold for profit or incorporated into any commercial material only with the previous explicit consent granted by the SORITES team. Otherwise, no fee may be charged for its circulation. An exception is granted to non-profit organizations, which are hereby authorized to charge a small fee for materials, handling, postage, and general overhead.
(8) Private copying of single papers by any lawful means is allowed only when done in good faith and for a fair use, namely for purposes of teaching, study, criticism or review; but no part of this issue of SORITES may be conveyed to another individual or to a gathering -- whether in writing or through oral teaching or by any other means -- unless the source is clearly and explicitly acknowledged.
(9) In particular, no part of this issue of SORITES or of any paper therein included may be conveyed to others by means of reproduction, quotation, copy or paraphrase, without a clear and explicit acknowledgement of the issue of SORITES and its date, the author's name and the paper's full title. Whenever the quotation occurs within a publication, it is also mandatory to mention the official pages (as shown within the Copyright box on top of the paper), the ISSN (1135-1349) and the official home site of electronic display, namely http://www.ifs.csic.es/sorites/.
(10) Any perpetration of, or complicity with, unfair use of copies or partial copies of this issue of SORITES, or of papers therein included, especially forgery or plagiarism -- being, as it is, an infringement of the authors' and the electronic publisher's rights -- is in any case a civil tort, but may even be a crime under current legislation.
(11) This issue of SORITES is provided as is, without any guarantee of any kind. The electronic publisher, the SORITES team, disclaims all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of fitness for any particular purpose with respect to the papers included in this issue. By furnishing this document, the SORITES team does not grant any license or endorses any commitment except in so much as explicitly set forth in the present Copyright Notice.
(12) The electronic publisher, the SORITES team, does not necessarily agree with the authors' views or arguments. The electronic publisher cannot certify the accuracy of any quotations or references contained in the papers.
(13) Each author vouches alone for the originality of the papers they submit to SORITES and for their compliance with established Copyright laws. Acceptance of a manuscript is done in good faith under the assumption the originality claim is truthful. The electronic publisher -- i.e. the SORITES team -- does not pledge itself for the accuracy of such declarations.
(14) The SORITES team cannot be responsible for any real or imaginary damages suffered as a result of downloading, reading, using, quoting or circulating any materials included in this issue of SORITES. The user assumes, at their own risk, full responsibility for the proper use of this issue of SORITES.
(15) Downloading, reading or in any other way using this issue of SORITES or any part thereof entails full acceptance of the hereinabove stated terms and conditions. If, after downloading a file containing this issue of SORITES or a part thereof, a user fails to agree to the conditions and terms contained in this Notice, they must discontinue using the material and irrecoverably erase or destroy the downloaded file, so as not to occasion any third-part's unfair use thereof.
(16) Although, thanks to a permission kindly granted by the system's administrators, this electronic journal is displayed at the internet host <www.ifs.csic.es/sorites/> (hostname whose current official IP is 18.104.22.168), which belongs to the Spanish institution CSIC, the journal is not published or sponsored or endorsed by the CSIC, the only owner and publisher being the SORITES team.
(17) A specific licence is hereby granted for this issue of SORITES -- and all future issues of the journal as well -- to be freely displayed by any BBS and any Internet node or site, provided all conditions stated above are fully aheared to. No previous consent of the SORITES team is required for such a display, which may be in the form of FTP, Gopher, http-WWW or any other electronic means.
Madrid. April 10, 1995
(Updated: December 31, 1996; April 27 1998)
The SORITES Team