An Electronic Quarterly of Analytical Philosophy
© 1995 Colectivo SORITES
(1) SORITES is not in the public domain. In accordance with international Law (especially the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works established in 1886, as revised in 1971 [the Paris text], and the Universal Copyright Convention established in Geneva in 1952 [the version currently in operation being the 1971 Paris text]), this issue of SORITES is Copyright-protected throughout the Planet._
(2) The Copyright of this issue of SORITES taken as a whole is held by the electronic publisher (the «Colectivo SORITES», which is a legally registered nonprofit organization, with Spanish official registration number 147.051). The Copyright of the papers published in SORITES is retained by the individual authors, except that: (i) no part of any such paper may be printed or displayed elsewhere or incorporated into a book, an anthology or any other publication of any sort, unless and until SORITES has accorded the author(s) permission to that effect; and (ii) the authors agree to the other points, terms and conditions contained in this Copyright Notice. The authors of the included papers and the electronic publisher, «colectivo SORITES» -- whether jointly or separately, as the case may be -- hereby reserve all rights not expressly granted to other parts in this Copyright Notice.
(3) In compliance with Spanish Law, this issue of SORITES has been legally registered, three diskette-copies being deposited with the competent authorities, namely the «Deposito Legal» office of the Autonomous Community of Madrid, c/ Azcona 42. (Legal Deposit Registration: M 14867-1995.)
(4) A licence is hereby granted for anybody to make as many copies as they wish of this issue of SORITES in its entirety, give such copies to anyone, and distribute this issue of SORITES via electronic means, provided no part thereof is omitted, and especially NEITHER THIS COPYRIGHT NOTICE NOR THE COPYRIGHT BOXES ON TOP OF EACH PAPER ARE REMOVED. In this context, the issue of SORITES as a whole is meant to be constituted: either (1) by a single file (be it its official version as a WordPerfect 5.1 document or any unofficial version released by the colectivo SORITES as an undivided file) or (2) a collection of files produced by splitting one of the entire-file versions in order to facilitate handling, browsing or downloading -- as happens with the .html version, owing to telecommunication constraints.) In the latter case, the conveyor is bound to distribute the whole collection.
(5) This issue of SORITES may not be sold for profit or incorporated into any commercial material. No fee may be charged for its circulation. An exception is granted to non-profit organizations, which are hereby authorized to charge a small fee for materials, handling, postage, and general overhead.
(6) Private copying of single papers by any lawful means is allowed only when done in good faith and for a fair use, namely for purpose of teaching, study, criticism or review; but no part of this issue of SORITES may be conveyed, whether in writing or through oral teaching or by any other means, to another individual or to a gathering unless the source is clearly and explicitly acknowledged.
(7) In particular, no part of this issue of SORITES or of any paper therein included may be conveyed to others by means of reproduction, quotation, copy or paraphrase, without a clear and explicit acknowledgement of the issue of SORITES and its date, the author's name, the paper's full title and its official pages (as shown within the Copyright box on top of the paper), the ISSN (1135-1349) and the site of electronic display at which it was read or from which it was downloaded.
(8) Any perpetration of, or complicity with, unfair use of copies or partial copies of this issue of SORITES, or of papers therein included, especially forgery or plagiarism, is an infringement of the authors' and the electronic publisher's rights, which, besides being in any case a civil tort, may be a crime under current legislation.
(9) This issue of SORITES is released «as is», without any express or implied guarantee of any kind. The electronic publisher, «colectivo SORITES», does not necessarily agree with the authors' views or arguments and does not certify the accuracy of any quotations or references contained in the papers. The «colectivo SORITES» cannot be responsible for any damages or other losses suffered as a result of downloading, reading, using or quoting any materials included in this issue of SORITES. The user assumes, at their own risk, full responsibility for the proper use of this issue of SORITES, even if damage occurs as a result of any mistake or error in any material included in this issue of SORITES.
(10) Downloading, reading or in any other way using this issue of SORITES or any part thereof entails full acceptance of the stated terms and conditions. If, after downloading a file containing this issue of SORITES or a part thereof, a user fails to agree to the conditions and terms stated in this notice, they must discontinue using the material and irrecoverably erase or destroy the downloaded file, so as not to occasion any third-part's unfair use thereof.
(11) Although, thanks to permission kindly granted by the system's administrators, this electronic journal is displayed (in the specific sense of being both made available for file-transfer [«downloading»] through FTP and accessible for reading through Gopher) at the internet node 184.108.40.206, which belongs to the Spanish institution CSIC, the journal is not published or sponsored or endorsed by the CSIC, the only owner and publisher (`editor-productor' in Spanish) being the nonprofit organization «colectivo SORITES».
(12) A specific licence is hereby granted for this issue of SORITES -- and all future issues of the journal as well -- to be displayed by any BBS and any Internet node or site, provided all conditions stated above are fully honoured. No previous consent of the Colectivo SORITES is required for such a display. The display may be in the form of FTP, Gopher, http-WWW or any other electronic means.
Madrid. April 10, 1995